Hello everyone and welcome to the 2012 Secret Stantler Pokemon Fandom Holiday Gift Exchange!
This is the chance for everyone to give a little and get a little - fanart or fanfiction, that is!
If you would like to enter, please put the following in the Secret Stantler askbox by Global Midnight, Saturday Dec 15th! And please don’t use Anon to do it, or else your entry will be ignored!
- Three pairings you would like material for, ranked in order of preference, for your Stantler to pick between.
- If you’re not interested in pairings, that’s fine! List off a few characters instead, using & instead of / between them (Giovanni & Silver vs Ash/Misty)
- Whether you would prefer to get art, fic, or will accept either
- Whether you’re going to submit art, fic, or can do either
- What kind of pairings (het, yuri, yaoi, pmd, non-pairing/gen) you’re willing to do for your receiver!
- If applicable, any big nonos (“I’m clueless about special” for example) or yesyeses (“I’d really like to do mystery dungeon!”)
Once all entries are in, I and a less-than-secret set of helpers will match every entry up to another to be their willing-and-able Secret Stantler. Please keep your inboxes open so that we can send you the appropriate gift info!
Once you’ve made your gift, there are three ways to deliver it:
- Use the Submit button to submit it directly to Secret Stantler. If you’d like to remain anonymous to your recipient, you can Log Out before submitting.
- Post the gift to your own Tumblr, then send Secret Stantler a link (with spaces in place of slashes as necessary) so we can reblog it. Make sure to tag both your recipient and #secret stantler
- If you do not want your work on display, you can send an ask with a link to your work (on pastebin or tinypic if necessary) as proof it’s done and a note saying such, and letting us know if you’re going to give your gift yourself or if you’d like SS to deliver it for you.
All gifts are due by Global Midnight on Saturday Dec 29th. We would love it if you get them done and in before that, of course, but that way we can make sure everyone’s got their gift before the year is over, and we can post it all at least a little spread out. Including lag time for us to sort the entries, this should give you at least 12 days to work on your gift.
A few final notes:
- Gifts do NOT have to be Christmas themed. Honestly they don’t even have to be holiday themed if you don’t want them to be, but try to keep at least a little winter magic in them ;)
- Please keep pairings to two or three people. I know a lot of us have OT5s and such, but even OT3s are a lot for some people, and there’s a big difference between asking someone to draw two characters and draw five characters.
- Please no NSFW. That’s what the Kink Meme is for!
- Feel free to Submit other Holiday/Winter themed fanfiction and fanart all season long! I’ll be trying to post between two and five submissions a day to keep this place looking festive.
- All credit for this wonderful idea goes to my dear friend Makomaragi.
- And most importantly, PLEASE only enter if you’re serious about contributing! I don’t want to leave anyone sad because they worked hard and didn’t get a gift in return.
If you have any questions, you can submit them to the askbox! Questions are the only things that will be accepted anonymously, but you can ask them in-person as well.
Happy Holidays, and let’s make it merry and bright for the whole fandom!